Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

My feet are growing...

Yes, you read that right, my feet are growing. There is no if’s, an’s or but’s about it. They’re growing and there’s nothing that I can do about it.

I realize that this is completely common with pregnant women, yet it’s still completely annoying and I’ve actually had to go out and purchase new shoes because of it. And yes, I love buying new shoes, don’t get me wrong on this one. Getting new shoes is awesome. However, I only enjoy getting new shoes when it’s on my terms and having to get new shoes because my feet are growing out of control just isn’t fun at all. The Adidas sandals I even had were becoming too small so last Monday, Dave and I made the trip to Rogans so I could get new sandals. I found a new pair in two minutes and went up a full size from what I was wearing before. Super crazy! I even wore them out of the store and I must say, they felt amazing and being able to wear them put me in a much better mood! 


What my new sandals look like, oh so exciting. :)
Other than growing and becoming increasingly uncomfortable with every passing day, there’s not much new going on right now. We did have a baby check-up this week and as of right now, everything is looking pretty good. Our OB said that Ryan is about 4-5 pounds and I can definitely feel all 4 or 5 pounds of him. He is as active as ever and it’s super strange to feel all of him bouncing around inside of me. It’s a good weird though and occasionally, his head or butt, we can’t determine which, sticks out further on one side than the other like an alien! :) The other day I swore I saw his foot, but that could have been my mind playing tricks on me, either way, something was sticking out and it wasn’t his head or butt! Now that I can see him more and more, it must mean that he’s growing a bunch. Let’s just hope he doesn’t grow too much and make pushing him out tremendously difficult. I mean, it’s not like it isn’t going to be difficult, I realize that, but it would be nice if it was easier rather than super duper hard! We’ll just have to wait and see on that one I guess. Bring on the epidural. LOL. We’re about six weeks away from meeting Ryan at this point and I can’t wait! Due date is July 12th! Hmm, maybe with a little luck, he’ll be ready to come out sooner! Ahh, that would be nice, yet if he needs to bake a little longer, I’ll do my best to cope! Either way, I can’t wait to meet him! :) 

And with that, the last thing I want to say is that I give mad props to every woman out there who has been pregnant, or is pregnant, because this whole deal is hard work and I just want to say, you rock for getting through it. This mama to be is tired beyond words right now, hopefully, a lot of napping this weekend will get me re-energized. Until next time, it’s Carla the sleepy pregnant tomboy saying farewell!  

No comments:

Post a Comment