Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

It’s hot…

For the last three, four or five days now, it’s been a hot box in the great city of Green Bay, WI and I must say, this pregnant lady has not been enjoying the scorching weather one bit! It’s like being stuck inside a clothes dryer, not like that’s ever happened to me, but that’s what it feels like because even the breeze is hot. Like, when I stand outside, I sweat to begin with and then the breeze hits me, and makes me feel even hotter than I already am. It’s been pretty annoying, especially since I sweat when I’m not even really doing anything. I sweat when I’m standing, I sweat when I’m sitting, and now it’s so humid out that I sweat even inside where there’s air conditioning! It's actually pretty pathetic and I just feel like a pool of goop at times. I’m so glad that my due date is soon. I couldn’t imagine being pregnant for the whole summer.

So to combat the heat, I’ve come up with some creative ways to stay cool. Some I’ve tried, others I haven’t, and there are a few that I’m just throwing out there for shits and giggles.

  • Stay in air conditioning, however, I’ve discovered that it needs to be on full blast at frigid temperatures in order for me to actually stay cool. 
  • Ice packs.  
  • I like the cherry ones the best!
    Open the refrigerator and stand in front of it. 
  • Open the freezer and stick your head inside of it. 
  • Eat ice cream. Dilly Bars are the best!
  • Drink root beer floats. 
  • Sit in a kiddie pool with the hose running. 
  • Go swimming at the lake. 
  • Drive around in a car that has air conditioning. 
  • Go to the beach.
  • Drive to Two Rivers, WI and enjoy the 20 degree heat break. Then travel up HWY 42 that hugs Lake Michigan with the windows down. (Dave and I are doing this tomorrow along with a trip to Point Beach, should be fun).
  • Drink other cool beverages like pink lemonade filled with a bunch of ice cubes using a bendy straw. 
  • Wear as little clothing as possible. :O)
  • Invite yourself over to a friend’s house that has a swimming pool and go swimming. 
  • Watch movies set in cold climates.  
  • Run, well in my case waddle, through a sprinkler on the lawn. 
  • Take a cold shower.   
  • Go to a movie.
  • Stick your feet in cold water with ice. 
  • Wrap a cold towel around your neck. 
  • Spill cold water on yourself or have your husband nicely spill some on you by “accident." 
Those are about all the tips I was able to come up with. Like I said, I haven’t given them all a go just yet and since the weather is predicted to stay hot and humid, I’m sure at some point I just might! With the weekend upon us, I’m going to say farewell for today and until next time, which will hopefully be a post about Ryan being born, this is Carla the pregnant tomboy signing off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment