Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Okay, I'm tired...

This is me at night!
Like I said in my last post, this mama to be is tired and I have to be honest, I’m a bit concerned that I’m this tired even before Ryan is born. Seriously, everyone has told me that I’m going to be tired from taking care of him when he makes his way into this world because he’ll need to be fed every two hours and will require constant attention, which is fine and what I signed up for. However, I’m exhausted right now before even having to do any of that, so, I’m a bit worried if I’ll be able to keep up with all of it and keep my sanity at the same time.

What is really bothersome is that I know the reason why I’m so tired and what sucks, is that nothing I do seems to correct the problem. You see, I can’t sleep at night. Like, at all, I sleep for maybe an hour or two and that’s it. What’s worse is that it all comes in bits and pieces. I fall asleep, then I wake up due to the fact that I’m either uncomfortable or I have to pee or I feel sick and so on and so forth. Then, when I try to go back to sleep, I can’t and just sit there all annoyed that I can’t sleep, starring at the clock watching the minutes tick away before I have to get up. And if by some miracle I do happen to fall back asleep, I just wake up again a bit later to go through the whole thing all over again. Needless to say, it’s taken its toll and my nerves are starting to wear thin. By the end of the day I’m dragging and I’m sure that I’m really not all that pleasant to be around. Sorry Dave and anyone else who has to come in contact with me! Not to mention how I know I'm keeping Dave up at night too. Sorry again.

At this point, I’m not really sure what’s going to solve my sleeping issues. We’ve talked to the doctor about them and he suggested that I take Benadryal or Tylenol PM right before bedtime to help me sleep. He said that both won’t harm the baby. I’ve tried both, they actually make me very anxious and jittery. He said if that doesn’t work, then I should give him a call and he would prescribe Ambien to help me sleep, which he said also won’t harm the baby. My thing is, I don’t really want to go on Ambien and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on things to do to help me sleep. I’ve tried using body pillows to get comfortable, drinking milk before bed to soothe my nerves, (and then not drinking milk or anything before bed to keep me from waking up to go to the bathroom, which hasn’t worked since I still have to go), and different relaxation techniques. I even resorted to counting sheep. At first, a few of them helped, now, I’m just at a loss.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions out there on how I can sleep better, I would appreciate the advice because at this point, I’m just baffled and don’t know what to do! I want to be well rested before Ryan comes because if I’m not, I'm going to be behind the eight ball before he even gets here and then how am I supposed to take care of the little guy??? Ahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment