Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

This is not the parent that I want to become…

I’m sure that most of you have seen this woman on the news in the last few days:

Super gross!
You know, the mom that is being accused of allowing her five-year-old kid to go tanning with her. Now, I’m not going to comment on her situation in relation to the charges that have been brought against her, what I’m going to do is comment on how I don’t want to become that kind of mother, a person who obviously has a problem and can’t set a good example for her child. It has been said by the owner of the tanning place where she tans at that she goes about 20 times a month. That’s ridiculous and if that’s true, she’s a horrible role model for her child. Now don’t get me wrong, I do like getting a little color every now and then, yet this woman has taken it to the extreme and then some. She is teaching her child an extremely unhealthy habit given that, that child is going to equate normal with looking like a leather couch.

I don’t want to be a parent like this woman, I don’t want to set bad, unhealthy habits for my child whether it’s in relation to tanning too much or drinking too much or exercising too much or being rude to people or whatever. I want to set good examples for my child so he is healthy, strong, kind, caring, and happy. I want my child to be a hard worker and a person that can handle anything that might come his way. To do that I know I need to be strong in my convictions, positive about my overall outlook on life, and willing to do whatever I can for him so he can succeed. If that means readjusting some of the things I do, so be it. I want to be a good role model for my child and I’m willing to readjust some things to make that happen.

When I saw this mother and what she was doing, it just did not sit well with me and I had to offer my two cents. So I say to you mom who tans too much, cancel your tanning membership and get over it. You’re doing your child a disservice by setting a bad example for her. Instead, go to the park and play soccer or go for a bike ride for a nice way to bond with your daughter. It would just be a lot better doing something like that for everyone involved.

Until next time, it’s Carla the pregnant tomboy signing off. 

PS Where the hell is the dad in this whole thing if the charges against the mom are true? He needs to step up his game and tell the mom to stop. Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment