Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Baby shower = AWESOME!

My Mom, Nancy, hosted a baby shower for me and little Billy Bubba this past Saturday at her home. I must say, it was a fabulous time and before I go any further about all the fun details, who am I kidding because we actually have a name picked out for him…we’re going to call him Ryan Charles. So, I’m going to actually refer to him as Ryan from now on! However, there is a back story to his nickname, but I'll get to that in another post though. 

Anyway, this past Saturday my Mom threw me this awesome baby shower and words can’t describe how much I appreciate everything that she did. She put so much effort into the whole thing and as I’m writing this, I’m actually getting a little emotional about it and how much she cares. My Mom is super kewl and super supportive and I wouldn’t be where I am today without her.Love you Mom!

The baby shower itself was so well thought out and planned. She totally went all out and did so many wonderful things, starting with making this super cute diaper cake:

The diaper cake my Mom made for me, look how cute all the little bath animals are!
The diaper cake was the first thing I saw when she lead me to the room where the baby shower was being held at her home. I was totally taken aback at how cute and fun it looked. She also decorated the space, with the help of Kim A. who has become a really great friend, and made it all festive and fun. On each table were party favors filled with candy, and good candy too not some icky kind that no one really wants to eat, and streamers on the ceiling and walls. On top of that, my Mom also gave out great door prizes and gifts. All the food was homemade too from the sandwiches to the sides. It was a tasty meal and I'm glad we got leftovers. Oops, I forgot one more person to thank, Mrs. V. Your salad was yumtastic.

The baby shower was everything that I hoped it would be and then some. I mean, really it was and there is not much more I can say. Even the games weren't boring. We played a cross-word game and the diaper poo game. Basically, the whole thing was Awesome, Awesome, Awesome! I mean, check out this cake she picked out as an example, how cute is the cake topper??
Both tasty and beautiful! 
We received a lot of great presents from everyone as well, especially all the cute little outfits with sports themes and there was even one with monkeys and another one that was camouflage, too much fun. All of the presents we received were kind of secondary to everything in reality since it was just cool to see my family and friends. Thank you to everyone who came to the shower and for your generosity! :) You made my day! Hugs and kisses to you all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Your mom did a wonderful job! Can't wait to see Ryan in his cute little outfits from the shower.

    ReplyDelete