Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

I want to shop!

I do believe that I have never uttered those words before, “I want to shop.” Thinking that and then saying it out loud makes be believe that this pregnancy thing is turning me into a full blown lady. Well, probably not due to the fact that I’m still walking around in t-shirts and shorts or jeans like I always do, but still, I’m probably more girly now than I have ever have been before in my entire life! I don’t know whether to smile, cry or laugh at that? Oh, always so emotional.

Now back to wanting to shop, it’s not something that I ever really wanted to do before, yet now, if I could go to Target everyday and purchase something for little Billy Bubba, I would be happier than a pig in sh&t! (And yes, I’m going to swear since that’s the kind of mood I’m in.) It does not even matter what I would buy for him either since if I could just get him something, I would be happy. I mean, like just getting him some diapers and some wipes at this point would probably bring a smile to my face and those two things aren’t very much fun at all!

My wanting to shop for him is almost turning into an addiction. At night when I’m sitting at my computer, more often than not I’m scouring whatever store online or Ebay, looking to get something cool for him. I have come across some good finds, like a cute little Nike outfit (see below) that has a matching hat and booties, which has now turned into the first outfit that he’ll ever wear. 

Gotta love baby outfits!

Oh, side note to that, I have repeatedly told Dave that when little BB is born, I need him to be all cleaned up before I have to touch him because after watching too many episodes of 16 and Pregnant on MTV, I don’t want to have to deal with a gross, ooky baby right after he hopefully slides right out of me. I want that cute little bundle of joy to be just that, a cleaned up baby that is all cute, cuddly and ook free. Just saying. :) And, I’m sure that I will change my mind at some point and decide on another first outfit that I want little BB to wear, yet right now, I’m going with what I found above.

One thing that I’m hoping will curb my new shopping addiction (that’s right, I’m going to accept what it is at this point and isn’t the first step to recovery admitting you have a problem! Hah, too funny) is how Dave and I are going to go shopping for our son’s furniture this weekend. Dave finished up painting his room last weekend, blue of course, and now we need to fill it up with a crib, dresser, maybe a changing table, and anything else that I cannot control myself from buying. It should be fun and with that said, I bid you ado because it’s time to enjoy the weekend and I’m not going to be able to do that sitting in front of a computer. So, peace out and have a good one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment