Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

What a tomboy wants for Mother's Day...

Earlier this week, my husband Dave and I had a conversation about what I would like for Mother's Day. He started complaining a little bit because he said it was hard to shop for me since I didn't like those typical gifts a mother would want on this special day. He listed off that I didn't like perfume, flowers or jewelry and that he didn't know what to get me, saying that he was a bit frustrated about the situation.

Me being me, I laughed and thought it was funny since he was actually pretty annoyed by how I was so hard to shop for and because he was totally right, I don't like perfume, flowers or jewelry. I find each to be pointless and pretty much a waste of money. So, I got to thinking about what I would want as a gift on Mother's Day and after a little bit, I came up with a few gift ideas for moms who are tomboys like me who don't like frilly, girly things that don't make any sense. They include: 
  • Sweatshirts or t-shirts with the tomboy's favorite sports team on them. 
  • Now this is a Mother's Day gift I can
    get excited about!
  • Anything else related to the tomboy's favorite sports team. Hats (like the one to the right available at: Modell's Sporting Goods) are always a good idea along with souvenirs like bobble heads, signed memorabilia, and posters. 
  • Game tickets to the tomboy's favorite sports team or game tickets to any sporting event that might be coming up. 
  • Sporting goods of all kinds. A new softball bat is always a cool thing along with a sleeve of golf balls or a punching bag maybe? I don't know, the sky is really the limit with this one. 
  • A gift certificate to a sporting goods store. 
  • Dinner out at a sports bar, however, you could take this one to the next level by going out to a fine dining restaurant, provided that you clear it with the tomboy first. 
  • New running or athletic shoes. 
  • Books, magazines and movies about sports. 
  • Video games.
Now, these are just a few of the gift ideas that a person could get a tomboy for Mother's Day. I would say that there's one exception to the frilly, girly gift rule too, which is that tomboys do like candy. Well, this tomboy does anyway. I'm always up for chowing down on some chocolate, MMMM!

Anyway, that's all I have for today, so, to all you Moms out there, Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment