Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My Memorial Day weekend was pretty cool!

Proud Grandpa and his grandkids! They're all smiles
during our Memorial Day weekend cookout!
I know, I'm a little late with this one since the Memorial Day weekend has been over for a few days now, but I had to post about how much fun the weekend was with my family! Each day we did something special together, plus, I was able to get in some tomboy time when I took part in the Christy's Race held in De Pere, WI on Sunday. For my second race after having Ryan, I think that I did okay since I ran nine minute miles. However, I still have a lot of work to do to get back into the same shape I was before I actually had him. My goal is to possibly do another triathlon this summer, but we'll see if that will happen!

Anyway, back to my fun Memorial Day weekend with my family. Like I said, each day we did something special together as a family. On Saturday, Dave and I went golfing, my first time out in almost two years, while my parents watched our little guy. (Thanks Mom and Dad!) We had a great time together and the new clubs that he got me for Mother's Day worked pretty well. So well in fact that I'm actually looking forward to heading out golfing again! Once we were done golfing, we went to pick up Ryan and spent the afternoon together just chilling and having a good time. On Sunday then after the Christy's Race, Dave did some yard work and then we went to my brother's house for a family cookout with him, his two kids, and my parents. We just grilled out some brats and burgers, yet before we could pig out we all played in the backyard. The highlight was when my Dad was swinging on the swing-set with Ryan and my niece and nephew. It was just a really fun time and I'm super happy that we were all able to spend time together! :0)

Our holiday came to an end on Monday and just like on Saturday afternoon, we all just took it easy at home and relaxed a bit. All in all, it was a super fantastic weekend and we ended it the right way with fantastic meal that Dave cooked that included steak, baked potatoes, and grilled zucchini! MMMMM! Thinking about that meal is making me hungry, I think it's time to get a snack before my little guy wakes up! Check ya LATER!


No comments:

Post a Comment