Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Oh no, I'm turning into that oversharing mother on Facebook!!!!

When I was pregnant with Ryan, I vowed that I would never become one of those moms that posts pictures online of every little thing there kid does, cute or otherwise. I just found it to be tacky and a sort of bragalicious if you will. (And yes, I just made up a word, it’s a combination of bragging and abnoxious, which equals, bragalicious!) Anyway, the vow I made about a year ago did no good because after looking over my old Facebook, Twitter and Instagram posts, I’ve discovered that I’ve turned into that mom anyway! Insert sigh here right here. :(
It's so hard not to post pictures of this little guy all the time,
just look at that smile! I love him soooooo much!

I really don’t know how it happened though since when the little man was first born, I was pretty good about not posting that many photos of him. Once and awhile I would put something on Facebook, yet that was it. Now I’ve found that I’m posting photos of him every day and I think it’s turning into a bit of an addiction. I mean, he’s adorable and all don’t get me wrong :), but I really don’t need to be posting photos of him all of the time doing cute stuff (like stuffing both his fists in his mouth or hammering things with his toy hammer) since I’m pretty sure that not everyone cares about what he’s doing on a daily basis as much as I do!

I think the reason why my posting has gotten a tad out of control is due to the fact that I don’t have a job right now. If I don’t have any freelance writing work to do, then I find myself being really bored during the day, which provides me with a bunch of time to screw around on Facebook and take a bunch of photos of Ryan doing fun baby stuff. Needless to say, I have a large photo library of him growing up over the last few months, something that is cool since when he gets older we’ll be able to look back and smile at everything he’s done. Lately though, I’m sharing those photos with everyone else more than usual and there really is no reason to share everything with the world like I have been.

So, I’m going to recommit to my vow that I made about a year ago now, and I believe it was in front of my then co-worker Kim A., that I’m not going to be one of those moms that posts way too many pictures of their kid online. And no, I’m not going to stop posting all together, just the frequency of how often I post. It’s simply not necessary to let everyone know exactly what he’s doing all the time no matter how cute and fun it might be. Hopefully, I can hold true to my vow this time around, we’ll see though given that sometimes, what he does makes me laugh so much that I want all of you to be able laugh along with me! :)

Until next time, it’s Carla the new mom, and tomboy, signing off!



No comments:

Post a Comment