Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Not sure what I would've done if I had a girl...

Okay, I’m going to admit this right now, I’m not sure what the hell I would have done if I would’ve popped out a girl instead of a boy. Sure, I may be a woman, but I sure don’t act like it, not in the least. I like basketball, dressing in sweats, and burping! LOL I’m guessing that if I did have a girl, she probably would’ve become a tomboy just like me since I’m not into frilly dresses, the color pink, flowers or any of that girly girl stuff.

I’m not saying that I wouldn’t have tried to get her all glamified because I would’ve given it a shot. I would’ve dressed her up in frilly girly clothes and have her do girly things, yet, I’m sure in the end, it probably wouldn’t have worked out given that I don’t know what I’m doing at all when it comes to that kind of stuff. Like, I’ve painted my nails once in my life at that was a disaster not to mention the time I tried to style my hair and how I ended up looking like a rooster. Imagining trying to do girly things with my little girl and show her the ropes would’ve been comical, but borderline sad with a lot of tears streaming down both of our faces. Ugh, I can just imagine the fights and the headaches!!!!!

Heck yeah, check out my new
Nike sweatsuit!
So again, I’m pretty blessed to have had a boy so I don’t have to deal with the girly stuff. Thus far, it’s been pretty awesome raising our little man Ryan beginning with how I can shop for cool boy clothes for him, which is something I’ve pretty much done my whole life since I don’t remember a time where I ever shopped in the girls or women’s section. Well, there was this one time, I bought like a sweater and black pants. And, I'm not counting the times I had to go maternity clothes shopping given that, that wasn't by choice, but out of necessity.

What’s pretty sweet is all the clothes I can browse and buy. I mean, there are Nike shoes to buy him and a plethora of sweat suits, awesome stocking caps and hats to look at, t-shirts with sports logos to splurge on, and it’s even been fun to get him crib sheets with different sports themes on them! I can’t wait until he’s a bit older and we can head to the sporting goods store together! A new basketball hoop with a basketball; a set of golf clubs; a baseball bat, mitt, ball, and jersey; maybe a tennis racket and a tennis ball; a real football; a little toddler bike; and a bunch of other sport related purchases I'm sure are definitely on the horizon! I can’t wait to get him all kinds of stuff, it's going to be so much fun. Ooh, I should probably get him a fishing pole too!

Yep, his hammer has become
his most favorite toy!
The shopping though isn’t the only thing that’s been fun about raising a boy. Another thing that I’ve enjoyed is the neat boy things we can do together. For example, we can play our version of catch as much and as long as we want without having to take a break and do something else like with play with dolls or something. We also enjoy taking his toy hammer and hitting random things with it, throwing his teething key rings across the room (and yes, I’m aware that a baby of any gender can do this, LOL), and wrestling with his toy bear. Well, I call it wrestling. What it probably really is though, is him just laying on top of it for a bit because he’s stuck or something, but whatever! It looks like wrestling to me!

We also like to read the sports section of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, anything on ESPN.com, and to introduce him to things that are not all stereotypical boy, we check out the entertainment section of Yahoo.com and read up on what’s happening with all the teen moms from Teen Mom and Teen Mom 2. Needless to say, that can be some interesting reading. Listening to music is a fun way we pass the time as well, sometimes it’s nursery rhymes, other times Mumford & Sons, and we also get in some country just to make Dave happy! ;) So like I said in another post I wrote, I try not to do all sports related things with him, which is why we get in the reading and the listening to music. At some point, we'd like him to play a musical instrument, maybe the guitar or piano. That would be cool.

Basically, things are working out pretty well right now and I’m enjoying my time with my little boy. It’s been seven months now since he’s been born and I can’t believe how fast time is flying by. My goal to is take it all in, love every moment, and not take anything for granted! I love you little Ryan, thanks for being your awesome little self! :) And until next time, it’s Carla the new mom, and tomboy, signing off!


No comments:

Post a Comment