Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Here comes date night!

Our last date night around the New Year!
It would be great to replicate the fun!
Since Ryan has been born around seven months ago now, Dave and I have only been out on “date night” maybe three or four times. The last time was probably right around the New Year when we went bowling and needless to say, we really, really need some alone, non-parenting time together. So tonight, we’ve secured our first ever babysitter who is not family and we’re going to go out!

I’m both excited and nervous because it’s going to be weird to leave him with someone in our house we’re not related to for an extended period of time. Sure, we take him to day care during the week at KinderCare, but that’s a bit different from having someone come into our home. I think the babysitter we chose it totally capable, especially since she’s watched him before at the YMCA when we drop him off at Kid’s Corner. Everyone there does a great job and whenever we pick him up, he’s always smiling and happy. Plus, they always are sad to see him go when we pick him up after working out and I’m assuming that must mean he’s easy to take care of, right? Well, I'm hoping anyway!

I know that I’m being a bit overprotective at this point, yet, that’s what mommies do and I just want to make sure that he’s well happy and well taken care of. I think what’ s going to help me get through it is knowing that the person we hired is very excited to babysit for us, loves kids, and has a good personality. On top of that, I can always call or text and check up on how he’s doing. If things aren’t going well, then we can always call it a night and head home. 

If all goes well though, then there is a good possibility that more nights out on the town are in our future! We’ve been promising some friends, you know who you are and we haven’t forgotten :0), for a while now that we’re going to get-together and I’m totally looking forward to that too just like having an evening kid-free with my husband. It would be really great that it all’s going to work out and that all of us, Dave, Ryan, myself, and the babysitter, will have a good time! My fingers are crossed that it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment