Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I hate 3:30 am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Christmas, Ryan gave his mom and dad the best present in the entire world and universe combined…he started sleeping through the night and boy, was it a glorious occasion! Not having to wake up with him in the middle of the night was completely awesome, yet, over the last couple of days, the little man has gone back to his old routine of waking up at 3:30 am for a bottle! Let’s just say, mommy hasn’t really been all that happy about it! Nope, not one bit because now that I’m used to him sleeping through the night, getting up to feed him is extremely difficult.  

I mean, it’s really, really, really, really challenging to get up and feed him given that I enjoy being all warm and comfy in my bed and not wide awake giving him a bottle. Yet, it needs to be done, especially when he’s screaming bloody murder because he’s so hungry! The other night, he was actually screaming in his sleep he wanted food so bad. As soon as that bottle hit his lips, he was out like a light and went back to sleep. Then, like a half an hour later, he was back in his crib and I was back to bed, so, no big deal.

However, this 3:30 am wake up becomes a big deal when Ryan decides it’s time to stay up instead of going back to sleep. The little guy will drink his bottle and after eating it, he’ll want to sit up and play, smiling with that big old grin of his the entire time. He’s such a cutie when he plays, so, it’s not all that bad. :0) A few hours later, he’ll eventually crash and go back to sleep for a couple of hours, but by that time, I’m pretty much wide awake and have a hard time going back to sleep myself. Later in the day then, I’ll get super tired and end up taking a nap, which is not a routine that I want to get into. As I write this, I’m fighting off the urge to go and take a nap as I’m super tired. The thing is, I’ve found out that napping really isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be. The reason, I’m typically more tired after I take one. It’s a double edged sword, I guess, since I've learned that I’m going to be tired even if I get one in. Oh well. 

One of Ryan's weird sleeping episodes, it was 4:45 pm. He was completely out!
Anyway, I’m hoping that this 3:30 am feeding deal comes to a stop relatively quickly, particularly because it also results in a cranky Ryan. You can actually tell when he sleeps through the night and when he doesn’t. When he does sleep through the night, he’s super happy and content throughout the day. Basically, nothing bothers him and he just likes to play, eat, and have a good time. When he doesn’t, he’s just moody and always falling asleep at weird times, throwing his sleep schedule off too. So for his sake, it would be a good thing for him to get over. Fingers crossed that it happens sooner rather than later!  

Well, that’s about all I have for today due to the fact that I can barely keep my eyes open and I'm yawning like crazy. And yes, I’ve given in and decided to take a nap. I just can't resist the urge to be all comfy in my bed and forget about my troubles! Sweet dreams to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment