Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Gotta love getting pampered…

Back on Valentine’s Day, my husband gave me this amazing gift to get a massage, facial and manicure at The Spa Loft in De Pere, WI to help me relax a bit during my pregnancy. The package he purchased for me was call the Be Mommy Package and after holding off for a bit, I finally booked the appointment to get pampered and I wish I would have done it sooner because it was one of the best, most relaxing experiences of my entire life.

The gift packages of all gift packages! So yes, I had to include a super-sized picture!

I headed to The Spa Loft this past Saturday and when I walked in the door, I was greeted by a friendly staff member who gave me a brief rundown on everything that was going to happen that day. Just like the package originally indicated, I was going to get a massage, facial and manicure. The massage was first on the agenda and it was absolutely incredible, especially since for the first time in like six months I was able to lay down on my stomach since there was a cutout for my belly bump! I sat there for about an hour in a state of mindless bliss that I never thought I could ever experience. My aches and pains melted away and when the massage was over, I could barely walk due to the fact that I was so mellow. The massage therapist had to basically wake me up and then told me to leave my clothes and use the bathrobe and slippers they provided. So, I was walking around about half naked covered in a bathrobe for a bit, which was completely funny to me and a bit awkward. I got over it pretty quick though because I realized this is what happens at spas and it’s not a big deal. After the massage came the facial and that too was tremendously relaxing. The person who gave me the facial assessed my skin type and proceeded to rub all sorts of girly cleansers and lotions all over my face and followed it up with a brief facial, scalp and shoulder massage. I don’t even know how long it took given that there were no clocks around. I’m guessing about 45 minutes and the facial again put me in a nice state of mindless bliss.

Then as a part of the Be Mommy Package, I was lead to this rain drop shower to unwind a little more and get cleaned up. She said they allocated about 20 minutes for me to use the shower, however, I’m sure I was in there for way longer than that due to the fact that there was an unlimited supply of hot water. When I finally dragged my butt out of the shower and got dressed, it was time for me to get a manicure. That too was very relaxing and after sharing a few laughs with the person doing my nails about whether or not I wanted color on my nails and how there was no way in hell that would happen, I was on my way. J
All in all, the pampering was pretty damn awesome and something, like I said before, I wish I would have done sooner. Before Saturday, I never went to a spa before, had a massage, facial or a manicure. So, I can now check those all off my bucket list! And, if you’re looking for a great way to relax, check out The Spa Loft, here’s their website: http://www.thespaloftdepere.com/

They have other options besides the Be Mommy Package and I’m already thinking about booking a few more pampering days for myself before little Billy Bubba comes into this world. I know for sure that I’ll be booking some for afterwards! With that said, that’s about all I got for today, so until I blog again, it’s Carla the relaxed tomboy saying good-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment