Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Birthing class scheduled…

I registered to attend a Preparing for Labor Birth and Beyond class today at Aurora Hospital and I must say, doing so is causing me to freak out a bit. Nope, I’m going to be honest, registering for this class is causing me to freak out a whole big bunch because it means that I’m going to be a parent sooner rather than later.

To be responsible for a whole other little life is something that I’m not going to take lightly and the fact that taking on that responsibility is going to be a reality really, really soon is starting to hit me. I’m excited for it and at the same time, a bit unnerved by it given that I have no idea what to expect. Is it going to be hard, is it going to be easy, or is it going to be somewhere in the middle. I just don’t know and because I’m a bit of a control freak, that not knowing part is what really gets me! So at this point, I’m going to heed the advice of someone who posted on my Facebook page a few weeks or months ago now and that advice was to not have any expectations at all. By not having any expectations, there won’t be any disappointment or upheaval, so, that’s what I’m going to try to do. Trying being the key word :0)

As for not having expectations, that’s not something I’m going to be able to do with this Preparing for Labor Birth and Beyond Class. Therefore, I’m going to speculate away. I know that I’ll probably end up becoming completely mortified by all of the information that’s going to be presented to me. Some of the topics that are going to be covered during the class include what’s going to happen in labor, options we’ll have for things, coping with labor, what caesareans are all about, and post-birth recovery. Dave is obviously going to go with me and all I can do is picture a room full of big bellied women with a man at their side who end up falling on the floor when they hear about what’s going to happen. AHHHHHHHHH! And as I scream AHHHHHHHH in my head, little Billy Bubby just kicked me in the diaphragm! Way to let me know you’re there little man! Or, maybe he’s freaked out about the birthing class too, who knows. LOL.

Anyway, I’m sure the class is going to be a treat and I’ll definitely share about how it all goes down afterwards. So until I blog again, it’s Carla the freaked out tomboy saying farewell! 

No comments:

Post a Comment