Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

We got our first walk in, oh yeah!

The weather finally got warm here in Green Bay, WI and on Monday, Ryan and I finally got our first walk of the year in! It was awesome to get outside and get out of the house for awhile! I mean, you can tell that I’m excited about it just from the fact that I’m using so many exclamation points! LOL

Anyway, it was a lot of fun from the standpoint that he got to look around and see what the outside world was all about. Sure, he did make it outside as an infant, but that doesn’t really count since he was pretty oblivious to what was going on. I mean, he basically just sat there and slept when we rolled around the neighborhood while I tried to get back into shape! Occasionally, he did whimper and open his eyes, yet, that was about it.

Ryan looking at Beaver to his right,
and yes, that's sun on his face!

So when I took him out this time around, he could actually check things out. At first, the only thing that he did was look and laugh at our dog Beaver walking next to us It was hilarious, every couple minutes, he would just giggle at him and clap his hands. And, he would giggle and clap even harder when Beaver would bark at something or jump up on the jogger that Ryan was in. It was nice to see them get along something that bodes well for Beaver's future! :0)

Ryan finally looked up,
he's checking out some trees!
Then towards the end of our walk, Ryan finally looked up and saw what was happening around him. It was completely cool to see him just be in awe of everything. I pointed out the trees to him, the houses, the mailboxes, the cars, and basically anything he saw, I told him what it was and then spelled it out to him. It’s not like he understood what I was saying, but I used the experience as a way to start teaching him things. It was a fun bonding moment between us that is something I’ll remember for quite some time. When we made it back to our house, it was almost like he didn’t want to go inside because of what he saw and it was almost like he wanted us to keep going. I told him that there’s always next time and I’m hoping that the weather heats up enough for us to make it out again today!

Well, that’s about all that I got right now about our walk. On a side note though, if you have a little one, give him or her a hug and hold on to them tightly. The bombings that took place yesterday at the Boston Marathon have made me realize even more that life is precious and not something that can be taken for granted. My heart goes out to the everyone involved in that horrible incident and if Ryan and I are able to get out for our walk today, we’ll be thinking and praying about all of you while being thankful for everything that we have. God Bless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment