Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thinking about the holidays...

I’ve always loved celebrating the holidays, but this year, I’m even more excited for them because I get to share them with my son. There’s something about it that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, which is pretty cool and something I'm not all that used to.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve felt happy and excited about things in the past and have had warm and fuzzy feelings before, yet, now it’s at a whole other level that is quite surprising to me. It’s a good surprise though and I’m so blessed to have Ryan bring so much happiness into my life. I knew that he was going to have a positive effect on things, however, like I just said, it’s been so eye opening how much joy and positive energy he has brought into my life that I can only help but smile about it all. Thanks little man.

Pumpkin Ryan!
Now back to the holidays and why I’m so excited to be able to celebrate them with Ryan. Basically, he just makes them a whole bunch of fun. Case in point: Halloween. I was pretty indifferent to Halloween in the past. For me, it was just another day that involved some candy so, no big deal. The thing is, this year, it was a day that I really, really enjoyed due to the fact that I got to dress up Ryan in a fun little pumpkin outfit. I was almost rolling on the floor laughing since he looked so cute and I even took him over to Grandma and Grandpa’s house to show the little guy off! That in itself was super fun since Grandma was smiling even more than I was when she saw him! Seeing her expression was totally priceless and it was nice to be able to share that happy moment with her.

After how much fun I had during Halloween, I can’t wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It’s going to be a great time being able to spend the time with Ryan along with the rest of my family. Presently, I’m looking for some kind of turkey outfit to dress him in for Thanksgiving and for Christmas, the sky is the limit to what this little guy might have to wear. I’m thinking maybe a Santa or reindeer outfit or a little elf or maybe a Christmas tree or a snowman or a candy cane or a misfit toy. Man, the sky is the limit and I can’t wait! If you readers out there have any ideas, just let me know! I would be more than happy to hear them all!

That’s about it for today! Until next time, this is Carla the tomboy and new mom saying, Happy HOLIDAYS! Yes I know, it’s a bit early, but oh well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment