Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wait, what’s going to happen?

I’ve been doing some reading about what’s going to happen to my body throughout my pregnancy and I must say, it’s all a bit shocking.

Some of the changes I’ve already noticed and some of them are still to come I bet. And no, I’m not going to give you a rundown of all of them, but there are a few that I’ve dealt with, or that might happen, that have struck me as a bit odd like how my feet could grow up to a half size or even more. I have little feet to begin with, so, this really won’t be all that big of a deal. The thing is, I have a lot of shoes that I would like to keep wearing and that means I won’t get to wear them anymore if my feet get bigger. My feet actually stopped growing back in the eighth grade when I stopped growing and I even have a pair of Adidas sandals I bought back then that are still sitting in my closet to this day. I do wear them on occasion, just cuz. However, if my feet grow then all the shoes I accumulated over the years probably won’t be worn again and that would be kind of a sad thing in my eyes. I do realize that there are other worse things happening in the world and that I really shouldn’t complain about having to buy new shoes, yet, I’m complaining because it’s just not something I really feel like doing. Then again, going on a shoe shopping spree would be kind of fun, hmmmmm, maybe I do want my feet to grow!

A few body changes that I’ve dealt with already that have been a bit cumbersome for me include, aside from the obvious one that my belly is getting larger, is my growing cleavage since I never really had any “size” up there to begin with, how my hands seem to be bloated pretty much all the time and that makes it hard to wear my wedding ring, how there are a few dark skin spots here and there on my body that are common during pregnancy, and a nose that has become overly sensitive to all smells imaginable. I can smell things that I’ve never been able to smell before and it’s really annoying. For example, I could smell my neighbor smoking like six houses down the other night. Then, there was a person at the YMCA yesterday and I could smell her perfume even though she was about four machines away from me. Having an ultra sensitive nose is good sometimes though, especially when good food is being made. Then, I’m not all that bothered by it.
My cocoa butter of choice!

One body change that I haven’t dealt with yet, but I’m sure is on the horizon is stretch marks. Pretty much everything I’ve read in articles on different websites and in pregnancy magazines, etc., is that at some point, I will develop stretch marks due to the fact that it pretty much happens to every woman that gets pregnant. The usual spots women get them include the belly, legs, breasts, and butt. They say that there’s really nothing to do to prevent them even if you use a whole bunch of lotion and cocoa butter (see to the right) like I have been. I actually put it on twice a day even though they say it won't help. I do like the way it smells and who knows, maybe it will help! :) It's all about positive thinking.

Now, there actually have been some positives with the body changes I’ve been experiencing. My fingernails seem to be getting stronger and are growing faster, my hair is now thicker than ever before and that’s nice because at the beginning of my pregnancy, it was falling out, and my body temperature is up so no having to layer up anymore. For a little while there when it decided to be winter outside and actually get cold here in Wisconsin, I didn’t even need to wear a winter coat! Kewl.

On that note, that's enough body talk for one day! So, until we meet again, it’s Carla the pregnant tomboy bidding ado! 

No comments:

Post a Comment