Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Some people are sooooo nice….

This post is all about giving mad props to one of Dave’s co-workers at the YMCA in Green Bay, WI, Wendy G. Why? It’s because of what she’s doing for our baby boy to be, she’s knitting him a baby blanket. It’s a gesture of kindness that has really touched my heart, especially since she extended the offer to do it for us.

Now, I don’t quite remember how it all transpired with Wendy making little Billy Bubba a blanket to begin with. I think there was some conversation back and forth about knitting, then I saw a blanket she made on Facebook for a friend who was having a baby, I commented on how cool it looked, and then she was like, “I can make you a blanket, just get me the yarn!” Of course, I was all over that because the one she made for her friend’s baby looked really cute! Then a few days later, I even got to see the one she made first hand for her friend's baby and it looked even better in person, if that was even possible? Not to mention that it was all warm and cuddly too! That day, she said to pick out the yarn, drop it off, and that she would do all the rest. We found the yarn for the blanket at Jo-Ann Fabrics and Dave gave it to her about a week or so ago.

Anyway on Monday to my dismay, I missed a Facebook post from Wendy about the blanket, which showed the progress she was making on it. She came up with a pattern that is super awesome: 

Like I said, super awesome!
I so can’t wait for the blanket to be complete and again, what she’s doing is such an amazing gesture of kindness that I don’t think I’ll be able to thank her enough. I figure writing about it on my blog is a good place start, so Thank You Wendy for everything that you’re doing for Dave, myself and little Billy Bubba! You ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment