Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Registering for baby stuff is fun!

This past weekend, my husband Dave and I registered for baby stuff at Target. I must say, it was actually wasn’t all that bad.

We started off the experience by heading to our local Target and after registering online at the store’s Kiosk, titling our gift registry Baby Billy Bubba Lee, we walked over to guest services. They provided us with this nifty scanner, which looked like a futuristic laser gun that made me feel like I was in a Star Trek movie, to scan the items that we wanted to put on our registry. Their instructions were to simply:  head to the baby section, go nuts and scan whatever items we wanted, and then when we were done, bring the scanner back to them.The only downer after talking with them is that we were supposed to get this free gift tote for expecting moms, but they were out. Hopefully, the next time we stop at the store there will be some available.
I heard that Target diapers ROCK!
Anyway, we then went to the baby section of Target and as directed above, we went nuts scanning different things that we both needed or wanted for our little guy who is coming in July.  I write both needed and wanted in that last statement because there are some things that we really need and other things that would just be cool for him to have. For example, some of the things we need before he comes are diapers, baby bottles, bath time supplies, wipes, bedding, clothes for him like onesies and socks, burp cloths, and so on and so forth.

The mobile we found Target! It looks like fun!
Then, there is stuff that we just kind of want like this fun summer outfit we found for him that we paired up with a hat. I realize that he really doesn’t need a hat or the polo shirt and short outfit that it matches, but it looked so cute that there was no way we couldn’t add it. We also registered for a Diaper Genie because I hear that they make diaper clean-up pretty easy and this awesome sports mobile, something matches perfectly with this sports motif bumper set we picked out. I must say, I think I’m starting to like this whole shopping deal. Please, don’t tell anyone! ;)

There were other expecting couples also registering for baby stuff while we were at Target and it was neat to see all of us going to town, especially since everyone was smiling and really enjoying themselves. The bonding that was going on was off the charts and cool to see. We also registered at Kohl’s, but that store didn’t have as much fun stuff, aside from some Nike socks, that Target does. I did find a kewl baby book online that would be super cool to record all of those fun baby events in his life along with a closet organizer that they had online, which would be helpful in getting all of Billy Bubba’s stuff organized! I've never really been a person who really cares all that much about being organized, yet I'm thinking I need to start given that if I don't, Billy Bubba's stuff might end up all over the place.
Nike socks, enough said!

All in all, registering for baby stuff was an experience that was a pretty fun time. And you might be thinking, does she expect whoever is reading this blog to go out and buy her and her husband everything on their registry for their baby??? My answer to that is a no, I don’t expect that at all. What is on the registry is all stuff that would be nice for us to receive. If we do, that would be awesome and I would be very thankful for whatever we receive and if not, no big deal. I basically just blogged about it due to the fact that it was one of those outings that moms to be get to experience and even being a tomboy, I really enjoyed myself and the time I was able to spend with Dave. With that said, I hope being able to read about my experience was able to brighten your day and until next time, it’s Carla the tomboy signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment