Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

No matter how much I eat, I’m still hungry!

For pretty much the first five or so months of my pregnancy, I really wasn’t all that hungry. What would happen is I would eat a few bites during mealtime and be full or just not feel like eating at all since I felt so sick to my stomach. However, now that has all changed because no matter how much and how often I eat, I’m still hungry.

Take yesterday as an example. I had my two Eggo waffles for breakfast around 9:30 am and at about 9:45 am, I was wondering if I forgot to eat my breakfast since that’s how hungry I was! So, I was able to hold off until about 10:30 am and had a snack, which consisted of some Crispx and Honey Nut Cheerios. For lunch that day, I met up with my good friend Janis at El Sarape. We always have the best time talking and catching up, so, it was a blast to see her. She always makes me smile! Now, when we met for lunch there a few months ago, I could barely eat anything given that my tummy was so upset thanks to all the hormones running through my body. Well yesterday, I didn’t have a problem eating at all. As soon as we sat down, I was devouring the chips and salsa that were set in front of us by our waiter. When our food came, I ate all of that too in less than ten minutes. Feeling full for a change, I reluctantly said no to having dessert even though they make the best fried ice cream. So, I was able to exhibit a little self control at least.


My favorite GS cookie!
After the big lunch I had with Janis, who treated by the way so thank you Janis for being so nice, I thought I would be set on not having to eat again until dinner. Let’s just say, that wasn’t quite the case given that an hour later, I was hungry again! I opted for another snack, this time I went with an orange, and hoped that would stick until dinner and boy was I was wrong again. When I got home from work my tummy started growling so I had another snack, a granola bar this time, and that finally held me until dinner. I ended up having another snack before bed too, consisting of Girl Scout Cookies and skim milk. Mmmmmm.
Okay I must say at this point that it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand why I’m so hungry. The reason being is that my baby has hit his growing stride. :) During the last trimester, that’s basically all that any growing baby does and to grow, the little gal, or guy in my case, needs a lot of nutrients, which come from food, vitamins, and healthy beverages. I’ve always been a fan of eating and drinking, yet I try not to go overboard on junk food and eat as healthy as I can. I do splurge once and awhile, like eating out with Janis at El Sarape or getting cheeseburgers at McDonalds or wherever, but I try to keep the splurges to just that: once and awhile. I’m a big fan of salad, grilled chicken and other meats, and milk. Hopefully, if I continue to eat right, my baby will be healthy when he’s born and I won’t have a ton of weight to lose myself.  

Hmmm, all this talk about food has, you guessed it, made me hungry. So I’m off to get a snack and until next time, it’s Carla the professional eater signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment