Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Survey says...

My husband Dave and I found out the sex of our baby today!!!! Like I said in the last post, we weren’t all that sure if we wanted to find out if our little tyke was a boy or a girl, but after some careful consideration and some gentle pushing and encouragement from family and friends, we decided to go for it.

So as my favorite host of Family Feud Ray Combs would say, “Survey says,” we’re having a boy! :) 

Dave asked the doctor about the ultrasound if the picture was pretty accurate and the doctor said, “Yes, that’s a really good picture.” It made us both chuckle and what was even more funny was when the ultrasound technician was looking at the little guy’s parts before we spoke with the doctor. She was like, “Well, baby looks like a boy.” And then was like, “Oh yeah, baby’s a boy.” She said it with a big smile and it made me totally laugh out loud. She took a picture of the whole thing and on the picture, she even wrote “Boy” with an arrow pointed to his junk. Seriously, that’s what she did, but that’s not going to be posted on this blog because I don’t think it’s all too appropriate or something I want to have him see when he’s on the Internet when he’s like 15 or 16. Could you imagine that, him seeing the blog and saying, “Hey Mom, I found something you wrote about me before I was born,” and then be like, “You posted a picture of that. MOMMMM!”

Okay, I digress, but I had to because that picture is tooooo funny! Anyway, the best part of the whole ultrasound experience though was to find out from our doctor that the little guy is healthy and progressing nicely. He has all ten fingers and ten toes, a strong heartbeat, two kidneys, a liver, a stomach, a big noggin, a bladder, and lungs that we can’t really make out, but the ultrasound technician assured us that they’re there and just not visible yet. From that long list of things, I don’t think I’m missing anything, however, I’m pretty excited so forgive me if I did!

In five weeks we go back for another baby check-up and throughout the next five weeks, we get to do a lot of fun baby planning from how we should paint his room to what kind of furniture we should buy and so on and so forth. Here's a picture of something fun I already found online: 
Located at: http://www.greenevillegifts.com/baby/its_a_boy_baseball.htm,  Pretty cool!
I’m a big planner, so this is going to be fun and until next time, it’s Carla the tomboy signing off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment