Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Something big is on the horizon…

Well, it’s something big that’s going to happen in my life, but not really for everyone else. However, I still wanted to go with that headline because in about two days, Dave and I are going to find out the sex of our child when we head to the doctor for another ultrasound and check-up appointment.

This is another one of those things that I had mixed emotions about because originally, I really, really wanted to know if we were going to have a boy or a girl. Then, Dave got my wheels spinning when he said to me that it would be better if we were surprised on the day the baby was born and didn’t find out. So for a while there, I thought that would be a good idea and was all for being surprised when July came around. All the anticipation would be fun and make the day the baby was born even more special.  

That all changed over the course of the last few months when people started asking us if we were going to find out the sex of the baby and I would say, probably not because we wanted to be surprised. They would bring up that fact that it would be hard to plan what we would need to buy for the baby in terms of clothes and everything. So, then I got to thinking, I’m really all about planning and I’m really not a fan of neutral colors like yellows, greens and browns, which our baby would end up with since we wouldn’t know the sex in advance. Not that I’m a fan of pink if the baby is a girl or anything, but fun bright colors for a girl or darker tones for a boy would be way better than a boring baby room painted in green or yellow or whatever other color we would use to paint the room to have it be okay for a baby of either sex.

After all of those thoughts and feelings, we made the decision to find out the sex on the baby and the big day is on Wednesday. The thing is, I still might change my mind due to the fact that lately, that’s the one thing I can bet on. I feel one way one minute, another way the next, and a third way after that. So wish us luck on Wednesday and please share your thoughts on the blog about if you think we should find out the sex of the child before he or she is born. Thanks for reading and until next time, this is Carla the tomboy signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment