Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My baby boy’s first outfit…

My love for Nike clothing, shoes, accessories and anything that has to do with Nike has hit a whole new level because I found my little son’s first outfit at Nike.com today.

Here it is and I have to say, I really like it:
It will be cool to see it on him for the first time, however, what will be even cooler than that is seeing him for the first time. I’m trying to imagine what that moment is going to be like? I mean seeing and holding your child for the first time has to be a completely amazing experience. I’m really looking forward to that day and the anticipation of it all is like waiting for Christmas to come when I still believed in Santa Claus. (Thanks to my parents and their clever ways, I believed in Santa Claus for quite some time!) Basically, July can’t come soon enough.  

Anyway, you may be thinking, what’s this girl's obsession with Nike and why would any parent be so excited about having their child’s first outfit come from Nike? Well, my answer to that is that’s how much I like Nike gear. I think it’s because of all the fond memories that I have when it comes to getting a new pair of shoes for the multiple sports that I played when I was a kid. The start of every sport season generally meant getting a new pair of shoes and going to pick them out was a fun adventure. Then, wearing them for the first time was just as special to me. They kind of made me feel like I could accomplish anything for some strange reason and to this day, when I get a new pair of running kicks, I feel the same way. The swoosh and what it represents is another reason why I like the Nike brand so much. “Just do it,” I know, super cliché, yet that phrase meant a lot to me when I was playing sports given that it represented just getting the job done. Just going out and giving 110% on the ball diamond, the basketball court, or the cross-country course. Plus, Nike makes some gear that has a nice look to it, especially the Prefontaine line that came out a couple years ago. All the Oregon green and yellow was basically all I wore for awhile outside of work. What would be even better than the Prefontaine line though would be Nike coming out with a maternity line, man, I would be all over that!

Now that my obsession for Nike is now all out in the open, I wouldn’t say that I’m crazy about it, but I’m probably just a tad over the top. Oh well, we all have our vices and if my vice is simply purchasing a lot of Nike stuff, I’m okay with that! :) So until next time, it’s C-Money the pregnant tomboy signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment