Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Chomp, Chomp, Chewy Chomp!

I know, I know. I haven’t posted in quite some time, but with the holidays going on and life in general, things have been pretty busy. Now that the holidays are over, I have had a chance to slow down and look back on them. All in all, they were decent and one of the big highlights was…Ryan finally got his first tooth!

Actually, the little man got two teeth, the first came the day after Christmas and the second came on New Year’s Day, and I’m sure that more are on the way. Like I said in my past post about teething, it’s a bitch and the whole teething process is not very much fun for everyone involved, especially Ryan since he’s little body goes all nuts when it’s happening. There’s snot pouring from his nose, poop shooting out his butt, and then the pain that he has to deal with. I’ve never seen him stick his hands in his mouth as much as he has over the last few weeks and what’s worse than that is he just hasn’t been happy. Normally, he’s all smiley and giggly, yet with the teething going on, he’s been cranky and it’s tough to see.

We’ve tried to help him through it the best we can, giving him medicine to help ease the pain. Some of the things we’ve tried include teething tablets, teething gel, infant fever/pain reducer medicine, and when all else failed, we rubbed brandy on his gums. Yes, I realize the last one probably isn’t an approved method, however, it did help him and he was all chipper and happy afterwards! So, we’re going to use it again if nothing else seems to help.

The little man dealing with the teething process. Poor little guy!
Along with giving him medicine, we’ve also provided all sorts of things for him to chew on to help his teeth break through. He never really liked the teething ring we gave him, but he did enjoy chewing on all the toys on his exersaucer along with his little teddy bear, stuffed orange that laughs, and Dave’s finger. Out of all of the things that we let him chew on, his favorite was indeed Dave’s finger and he would start chewing on that at every given opportunity! :) Kind of funny, especially because the little guy can bite down pretty darn good, something I’ve experience myself while letting him bite on my finger. Can we say, ouch!!

The two teeth that he got over the last two weeks are right in front on the bottom and they aren’t quite showing yet enough for us to get a good picture of them. Plus, it doesn’t help that he loves to squirm when we have tried to take his picture! We’re waiting for some teeth to come in on top and when that happens, hopefully we can get a picture of him with a full on smile with his new chompers!

Well, that’s about all I got for today, I promise that I’m going to blog a bit more in the New Year. So, make sure to check back soon! 


                

No comments:

Post a Comment