Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

We got Ryan a play pen!

We got Ryan a play pen, or playard as the trendy people like to call them,over the weekend and I must say, we should have gotten him one sooner. It was actually a hand-me-down from one of my mom’s friend, which was totally cool and the first thing I want to say is thank you to the Glysch family for letting us use it. It’s been a godsend from the standpoint that I can put him in it and focus on something else for a second instead of following him all throughout the house making sure he doesn’t hurt himself. I mean, the kid can motor!

It gets a bit taxing at times trying to keep up with him because he hates sitting still. One second, he’s over by the Xbox under our huge flat screen TV that could fall on him and kill him in an instant, then he’s over by Beaver’s cage trying to stand up, and then he’s in the kitchen wondering how to open up the refrigerator. It’s really crazy how mobile he’s becoming! Just yesterday he was playing basketball with his sports discovery toy and in a flash, he was trying to rip down the curtains that where six feet away. What’s even crazier is how beat I get after watching him for an entire day. It almost rivals how tired I get after doing a brick workout (which is stacking two workouts on one, like biking for an hour and then going for a run afterwards). I’m hoping that I can build up my endurance so I’m not so wiped out after trying to keep up with him. Hopefully, that happens sooner rather than later.

So, now that I’m able to put him in something for a short while without having to worry about him, it’s a bit of a relief. However at the same time, I kind of feel like a bad parent because I put him in the play pen instead of having to deal with him. I know that from time to time, we all need a break, yet it still makes me think that I’m a bad mom. The way I justify it though is by seeing how much fun he has when he does play in his play pen. The other day, he was giggling up a storm while teasing the dog through the mesh with one of his toys. It was super cute, especially since Beaver was pretty upset that he couldn’t get the toy that Ryan had! I found myself smiling and laughing at them both for about five minutes, something that happened in the video below!


Anyway, play pen or not, Ryan is growing up pretty quick and I can’t believe he’s almost nine months old. Not sure where the time has gone? The only thing I know is that I’m trying to enjoy it all as much as possible! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment