Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Never thought that would happen…

I mentioned awhile back on Facebook that Ryan’s umbilical cord fell off and we couldn’t find it, well guess what, we still haven’t found the icky thing and it makes me wonder where the hell it went? What I find kind of interesting is how it really, really, really bothers me that we can’t find it and the reason being is that I actually wanted to save it and put it in a memory box that I’m keeping for him. That in itself is pretty darn gross. I mean, who saves something like this. Well, a doting mother does and what I’m discovering is that this tomboy is turning into a one!

It’s just kind of strange since I never thought that I would A., Become a mother and B., Become one that obsessively dotes over her child. He’s so cute and all I want to do is take pictures of him, show him off to people, and track his progress through this weird thing that we call life. Take the two below pictures as an example, the first shows his weird belly button with the umbilical cord attached to it. Then the second shows what his belly button looks like after the umbilical cord has fallen off. I think it turned out well! :) 
 
Ryan's umbilical cord is still attached!
Now it's not!
In the past, I would have found it to odd for any parent to care about what his or her child’s belly button looked like. I mean, who really cares. It’s a belly button, it really doesn’t serve a purpose, and who gives a flip what it looks like! However now that I’m a parent, I get why any parent would care given that, that’s your flesh and blood and you care about whatever your little guy or gal does! So, it seems pretty normal to me to be interested in any subject related to my child as is the case with other things that the little guy does. Like, Ryan can hold his head up pretty well now without face planting, he kicks with the best of them, and sometimes during tummy time he’ll even wiggle himself across the floor. Seeing him grow and get stronger has been such a unique and rewarding experience, all I can say is that I’m truly blessed.

My only fear of being a doting mother is that I’m going to turn into one of those over the top, psycho soccer moms and I definitely don’t want that to happen. I’ve seen too many of them over the years during my high school reporting days and they creep up in other sports too. They scream, complain, and are all over the place! There are dads who act the same way too and it’s not a pretty sight! They not only embarrass themselves, but they embarrass their kids and it’s just not a good thing! So, it’s my ultimate goal not to become one!

Well, the little guy is starting to wake up and that closes my blogging window for today. I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and until we meet again, it’s Carla the new mom and tomboy signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment