Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Can’t believe it’s been two weeks already…

Mother's Day flowers, they've grown a lot the past two months just like our two week old baby boy!
It seems like just yesterday that Ryan was born and now the little man is two weeks old already! Super crazy!

During the first two weeks of his life, Ryan has been a champ when it comes to doing what babies should do, which is eat, sleep, look around, pee and poop! The eating part is what he has down best because at our two week check-up Monday at the doctor, Ryan, drum roll please, gained one pound and one ounce since we were discharged from the hospital. On top of that, he grew a half of an inch for good measure. The doctor said that typically, they just hope that newborns will maintain their weight so the fact that Ryan has grown so much is pretty impressive! And yes, I'm a proud Mama, can't you tell! :)

There have been a lot of other milestones during the first two weeks of his life too. The biggest one of them all is how he holds his head up during tummy time already and even swings it from side to side. Then, when he’s about done holding up his head, he’ll plant his face in my, or Dave’s chest, and sigh from all the energy he just exerted. It’s freaking hilarious. I mean, he’s like all over the place and then wham, face plant! He’s also starting to recognize our voices and loves to look around as much as he can to check out what’s all going on. He even keeps himself occupied when we’re not holding him and will sit in his swing, or in his boppy, and will look around, just chilling. I mean, he’s so easy going that sometimes I wonder if he’s mine since I’m so high strung and always need to be doing something! LOL! 

My annoying bathroom friend!
Speaking of being high strung, it’s been extremely hard for me to just relax these last two weeks to focus on healing. However, I’ve done my best to calm down and not just go, go, go all the time. Dave has helped me get as much rest as I can, something that is very helpful when your body needs it. The first few nights we were home, he stayed up with Ryan and I slept like eight hours straight both. It was heaven to one, not be at the hospital and two, get a bunch of uninterrupted sleep! Thanks dear! I think that overall, my body has bounced back pretty well from being pregnant and for the most part, I feel pretty good. When I first came home, I was definitely hurting and was extremely uncomfortable. Now though, things have gotten a lot better and all I can say is, they, being all the medical professionals, don’t really tell you what you’re really in store for after you have a baby! There is bleeding to deal with, cramping, bloating that makes it hard to walk around, pain in places you didn’t even think you could have pain, and not to mention how you have to carry a freaking squirt bottle with you everywhere! Why? Well, after birthing a baby, a woman needs to rinse herself off with water every time she uses the restroom. Yes ladies, after you have a baby, you have to make sure you’re clean after you pee, or poop especially, because if you don’t, you could get an infection and then it will take you even longer to feel normal again. I’m on my way to feeling normal again, yet, it’s going to be quite some time before that actually happens, I’m sure! Oh, and speaking of poop, it’s scary after you give birth and that’s all I’m going to say about it due to the fact that I don't want to freak or gross anyone out!

Anyway, sorry for the tangent, but I needed to vent a bit! :) With that said, I want to go back to what I talked about at the beginning of this post and that is that it seems like just yesterday Ryan was born. It's just so surreal how fast time is passing by. Like, I was just in labor and now, he’s becoming his own little person. Hopefully, the rest of his growing up doesn’t fly by and it’s getting to the point where I don’t want to take my eyes off of him in fear that I’m going to miss something. Pretty soon, he’ll be rolling over all by himself and then before we know it, he’ll be walking, talking, on his way to preschool, and then he’ll be driving, graduating from high school and will be on his way to college. AHHH!

Okay, before I freak out even more about time flying by, I better shut-it down for today and go oogle over my little guy while I have the chance! Until next time, it’s Carla the tomboy, and new mom, signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment