Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

When a tomboy gets pregnant

I’ve decided to start this blog because after doing a little research, I found that there’s not all that much information about pregnant women who really don’t have much of a feminine side. I’m not much of a girly girl and I don’t quite know what to make of this whole being pregnant deal. 

It’s not the fact that I’m carrying a child, which I’m absolutely happy about. My husband and I were trying for a little while to get pregnant and when it happened, it was an awesome moment in both of our lives.

Basically, what I’m having issues with is how being pregnant somehow means I’m supposed to act like other girly girl females have acted when they’re pregnant. For example, this past weekend I had to go shopping for maternity clothes. This would probably be an activity that most women would love to do. However, not me. One, I hate shopping. Two, I hate going to the mall. And three, I found out that they don’t really make tomboy maternity clothes. So as you can see, this was a complete awkward experience that I’ll get into at a later time.

With that said, this blog will just be about me dealing with regular pregnancy issues from a tomboy’s perspective. Just something different, something that is outside of the norm and not a typical account of the nine month pregnancy journey. I’m not a typical woman, so it’s going to be nice for me to document everything to remember what I went through. I’m sure there’s going to be some tears, some smiles, and some all-out interesting moments. So please, come along on the journey!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha this is so funny cuz i feel the exact same way. Im due in July good luck to you and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm a tomboy from San Francisco, CA. I'm currently 15 weeks. Thanks for making this blog! I'm so glad there are other pregnant tomboys out there! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete